Back to Career Home
Die Development Specialist
Location: Parkman, Ohio
Perform engineering duties in planning, preparing and designing drawings for dies and/or other mechanically functioning equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare mechanical drawings using SolidWorks and BobCAD-CAM software of in-house drawings from customer supplied drawings, tooling drawings, and in coordination with tooling production.
- Review engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
- Work with Production to ensure quality and accuracy of tooling.
- Provide 2D and 3D drafting/design assistance in a team-oriented environment for the purpose of producing molds (dies) utilizing our internal mold shop (EDM machines).
- Communicate with outside vendors regarding tooling quotation, fabrication and delivery.
- Confer with production personnel to implement tooling procedures, resolve die performance issues, or provide technical information.
- Conduct research that tests or analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of dies.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Specify modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Familiarity with [plastics] raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- A solid mechanical aptitude and understanding of custom profile plastic extrusion is required.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferred.
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks and BobCAD-CAM design programs.
- Capable of working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both in writing and verbally.
Ready to Apply?
Use the form below, or download our application and send it back to us