Montville Plastics is actively seeking experienced plastic extrusion operators to join our team. An ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years’ extrusion experience and a work history that illustrates the key points highlighted below. Only applicants having skills/backgrounds that match our needs will be pursued. (NOTE: May consider those with 1-year machine operator experience in manufacturing as an “Entry-Level” Trainee.)
We are looking for growth-minded employees that are ready to advance their career in an environment where hard work is rewarded. Our employees benefit from a medical package, 401K plan, stable work schedules, weekly paychecks, shift differential (2nd & 3rd shifts), plus an attendance bonus.
The experienced plastic extrusion operator will be able to set-up, run and maintain operations on machines to extrude or draw thermoplastic materials into tubes, rods, hoses, wire, bars, or structural shapes. They will ensure machines run smoothly and efficiently on a daily basis, as well as maintain superior quality control standards while adhering to safety protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Full responsibility for machine operations including reading, interpreting and analyzing production orders.
• Setup tasks including selecting dies, reading blue prints/drawings and determining proper positioning and adjusting of downstream equipment to maximize efficiencies and achieve production goal.
• Ability to consistently maintain speed and quality within guidelines of spec book.
• Inspecting output to assure quality of materials produced including locating defects and checking for conformance to specifications.
• Distinguish between a mechanical problem and an operator error, and to perform troubleshooting and take corrective measures.
• Responsible for keeping your work area clean and safe.
• Accurately count and report production and inventory.
• Assist with new product development including R&D projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be detailed oriented and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to learn new processes quickly in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
• Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with the operations of plastics extrusion equipment preferred
• WILL CONSIDER TRAINING as “Entry-Level” for those with at least 1-year experience in manufacturing environment with basic ‘machine-operator’ experience.
Montville Plastics & Rubber is a Drug Free Workplace
Montville Plastics & Rubber is an equal opportunity employer. These laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran.