Plastic Extrusion Operator (experienced)
Location: Parkman, Ohio
Montville Plastics is actively seeking experienced plastic extrusion operators to join our team. An ideal candidate will have 3 to 5 years’ extrusion experience and a work history that illustrates the key points highlighted below. Only applicants having skills/backgrounds that match our needs will be pursued. (NOTE: May consider those with 1-year machine operator experience in manufacturing as an “Entry-Level” Trainee.)
We are looking for growth-minded employees that are ready to advance their career in an environment where hard work is rewarded. Our employees benefit from a medical package, 401K plan, stable work schedules, weekly paychecks, shift differential (2nd & 3rd shifts), plus an attendance bonus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Full responsibility for machine operations including reading, interpreting and analyzing production orders.
- Setup tasks including selecting dies, reading blue prints/drawings and determining proper positioning and adjusting of downstream equipment to maximize efficiencies and achieve production goal.
- Ability to consistently maintain speed and quality within guidelines of spec book.
- Inspecting output to assure quality of materials produced including locating defects and checking for conformance to specifications.
- Distinguish between a mechanical problem and an operator error, and to perform troubleshooting and take corrective measures.
- Responsible for keeping your work area clean and safe.
- Accurately count and report production and inventory.
- Assist with new product development including R&D projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be detailed oriented and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- WILL CONSIDER TRAINING as “Entry-Level” for those with at least 1-year experience in manufacturing environment with basic ‘machine-operator’ experience.