Plastic Extrusion Trainee
Location: Parkman, Ohio
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow supervisor/lead instructions for machine operations (including reading, interpreting and analyzing production orders).
- Assist with, and have ability to learn, setup tasks (including selecting dies, reading blue prints/drawings and determining proper positioning and adjusting of downstream equipment to maximize efficiencies and achieve production goal).
- Ability to consistently maintain speed and quality within guidelines of spec book.
- After training period, be able to inspect output to assure quality of materials produced including locating defects and checking for conformance to specifications.
- Report to supervisor/lead mechanical problems and/or operator errors.
- Assist with performance troubleshooting and taking corrective measures.
- Responsible for keeping your work area clean and safe.
- Accurately count and report production and inventory.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be detailed-oriented; have strong math skills; be mechanically-inclined.
- Ability to read measurement instruments: tape measure/ruler (to 1/16th”); calipers; gauges.
- Knowledge in packing, labeling, banding, weighing & sorting finished goods is preferred.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivation to complete other work on downtime.
- Excellent attendance history.
EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.