Have you or someone you know been searching for a job where “on the job training” means you get paid to learn in-demand skills? Montville Plastics is searching for Extrusion Operator Trainees to join a year-long training program where they will learn to set up, run and maintain operations on our extrusion lines. Entry-level trainees will work with a supervisor during training to ensure machines run smoothly and efficiently while also adhering to safety controls.
- Follow Supervisor/Lead instructions for machine operations (including reading, interpreting and analyzing production orders).
- Assist with and have the ability to learn set-up tasks (including selecting dies, reading blueprints/drawings, and determining proper positioning and adjusting of downstream equipment to maximize efficiencies and achieve production goals).
- Ability to consistently maintain speed and quality within guidelines of spec book.
- Upon completion of training, ability to inspect output to assure quality of materials produced, including locating defects and checking for conformance to specifications.
- Report to supervisor/lead mechanical problems and/or operator errors.
- Assist with performance troubleshooting and taking corrective measures.
- Responsible for keeping your work area clean and safe.
- Accurately count and report production and inventory.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be detail-oriented with strong math skills; mechanically inclined.
- Ability to read measurement instructions: tape measure/ruler (to 1/16th); calipers; gauges.
- Knowledge in packing, labeling, banding, weighing and sorting finished goods is helpful.
- Ability to learn new processes quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivation to complete other work in downtime.
- Excellent attendance history.
EDUCATION/TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred.
Would you like to apply to become one of our Trainees? Or, do you know someone who would be a great fit?